*Bookprint

Recently I was introduced to the term ‘bookprint’ by our school librarian. A ‘bookprint’ is a term that embodies the phrase – “you are what you read” – it’s a list of 5 books that leave a mark on our lives, shape who we are and become.

Lot’s of celebrities have bookprints – you can search through them at http://www.scholastic.com/readeveryday/celeb-bookprints.htm.

I’ll share more about my bookprint in a comment, but the one book that comes to mind is Mandy by Julie Andrews. I first read it when in 6th grade and I’ve never forgotten how it made me feel, the images it encouraged me to imagine, and the “feel good” ending…. it’s been a book that even during my adult years, I think about periodically. If you’re interested, here’s a link to the book’s information – http://marveloustales.wordpress.com/2011/05/18/the-other-side-of-the-wall/

Think about your bookprint. Maybe you’ve only read one book or more than 5 that have become part of your print. Share some of what you’ve read and why they’re part of who you are.

4 thoughts on “*Bookprint

1. Out of the many books that I have read in my lifetime, one of them that really speaks to who i am for many years is Because of Winn Dixie by Kate Dicamillo. I have read the book when I was in 5th or 6th grade and I have read it many times. Not only was it my favorite book, but it has stuck with me periodically. It has taught me that pets are definately family and you should be grateful for them. They will always comfort you and be with you no matter what.

2. The first book I read was the first Hary Poter book, I was about mmmmmm… 6 years old. It thooke me about a year to finish hat book by then there was about anouther 2 to go, I was a slow reader. Now I’v been reading books like the Lord Of the Rings, I’v actualy started to re-read the pre-qual, the hobite becease of the movie coming out in december.

3. I reccommend Because Of Winn Dixie to anyone who loves animals/has pets. I also read the first three Harry Potter books. Now at the moment, I am reading The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones by Cassandra Clare. It’s kind of a fantasy/fictional/love story that has vampires, demons, faeries, etc. I plan on finishing the rest of the Harry Potter series after I’m done with City Of Bones 🙂